You can criticize the government and the politicians without inventing controversy. Today’s controversy on the radio was that Richardson was giving out prizes yesterday at the launch of his new party, I was there from beginning to after the Board introduction. I have video of the whole event. In St Maarten when you say something starts at 2:00pm, St Maarten people will START getting ready at 2:00pm. So basically there were people who came early, but a crowd really didn’t start until almost 5:00pm. To keep the people entertained and at the event there were raffles and prizes.
1) It was greatly appreciated by the community ESPECIALLY at Christmas. The “gift baskets” contained GROCERIES. and some people won who didn’t have GROCERIES. I know, because I know many people at the event. So unless YOU plan to buy these people groceries during the holidays…. STFU!
2) A raffle is RANDOM. It’s one thing to buy a vote, it’s another to randomly give someone the chance to win a prize.
3) The man has to keep the people coming, and he has needs to make those already there stay put, so one way to keep the people there, and to entertain them, was to do a raffle. What do you want him to do? Get on stage and do the Harlem Shuffle to keep people entertained?
4) Which other politician is giving groceries to the needy right before Christmas??? Anyone? So how about you in government get up and go hand out food and groceries for the needy? Knowing that it’s Christmas and people are struggling.
5) You lose points with fake controversies, if you’re going to criticize, use something of substance. Jumping all over the air because somebody gives out free groceries for Christmas makes YOU-the critic look bad!!!
6) I doubt that I’ll vote in 2014, if I do, It might have to be Cornelius de Weever, depending on where he stands. I can’t vote 4 Connie when he DP or UP, but anything else, I believe Connie will have to do.
7) I will genuinely like to see the people who were bitching on the radio, come out…and GIVE to the needy. A bunch of Scrooges who are NEVER without, so they don’t know how it feels.
8) Like Alston said, I HATE ALL POLITICIANS, so quit making me defend them with your weak, innocuous arguments. Really, I could be doing something constructive, you got me defending Frans.
9)ANYBODY WITH JULIAN ROLLOCKS OR ANTONIO BROWN ON THEIR SLATE WILL BE PERSECUTED MERCILESSLY!!
INTO ETERNITY-I KID YOU NOT!
10) Happy Holidays, and give to those less fortunate than you.
it’s always good to have a opinion,but please why all those curse words (no matter what thong/broken language)….i hope the mother land be here for the next election,to oversee the buying of votes.
what curse words???
[…] NEW CONTROVERSY THIS MORNING ON THE RADIO ABOUT FRANS GIVING “GIFTS” YESTERDAY AT LAUNCH. […]